Job Role & Responsibilities
- Accountable for the electrical services design input including Lighting & Emergency lighting, Power Distribution, LV Panel, Fire Alarm, Earthing, Security, CCTV and Cable Containment design.
- Provide comprehensive scope of works, specifications, calculations and basis of design documentation for projects.
- Analysis and assessment of design work (including load flow analysis).
- Review submissions and installations for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
- Conduct site surveys (including dilapidation reports).
- Witness commissioning activities, trials and factory acceptance tests for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
- Liaise and coordinate with other disciplines within the UK offices, and other PM Group offices.
- Attend Client/Contractor interface meetings as well participation in stakeholder meetings.
Qualifications & Experience
- A Bachelor Degree or equivalent in related subject (Electrical Engineering, Building Services Engineering) or equivalent work experience.
- Ideally a Chartered Engineer with IET or CIBSE, or working towards.
- Good working experience of design projects, including Basis of Design through to Detailed Design. (RIBA stages)
- Knowledge and experience with related electrical engineering software packages (e.g. Amtech, Dialux, Revit)
- Lighting design experience (Dialux).
- Knowledge and experienced with load-flow analysis and load lists.
- Experience with undertaking LV switchgear discrimination studies.
- Display strong numerical, mathematical skills with the ability to analyse data and work.
- Ability to play a positive role in a multi-disciplined team and to seek to improve existing ways of working, by finding efficiencies in processes.
- Possess a professional approach and demeanour with a strong ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
- Organised and time management skills – ability to meet project deadlines.
- Demonstrate a creative approach to problem solving.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers at all levels.
- Display quality and ‘right first time’ approach to design.
PM Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer