Working as a Plant E&I Engineer you will be responsible supporting site production and for performing routine and emergency repairs of the plant instrumentation, plant PLC control, SCADA systems and plant electrical systems.
- Responsible for start-up and maintenance of facilities instrumentation and associated controls on both utility and process systems, systems include; AHU’s, Chillers, Steam Boilers, Scrubbed Exhausts, Water Treatment and Industrial Waste Systems
- Working as part of a multi-disciplinary team to support production and start-up activities
- Install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain and upgrade the site-wide Process PLC control system related power generation control systems and field instrumentation
- Determine actions required for repair, maintenance and calibration of equipment
- Install new plant instrumentation and controls, i.e. installation of field instruments and PLC systems
- Commission and troubleshoot serial communications protocols
- Generation and execution of documentation to support start-up activities on live systems in line with site procedures
- Generation and execution of start-up checklists, SOP’s etc.
- Maintain all documentation in an organised and controlled manner, in compliance with industry client procedures
- Work with operations and engineering teams to develop testing protocols and start-up procedures
- Demonstrate ownership and show initiative to resolve issues in a timely manner in a high paced, schedule driven environment
Education, Experience and Skills:
- Degree in Applied Physics & Instrumentation, Electrical/Electronic or Industrial Automation & Controls Engineering
- Minimum 3 years industry experience, preferable Pharmaceutical
- A good working knowledge of all instrumentation types and industrial Automation / BMS systems
- Excellent troubleshooting skills for a wide variety of instrumentation and PLC systems
- Literacy in Computer Operating Systems and applications such as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint etc.
- Possess excellent Communication / Documentation and Interpersonal skills