In addition to the variety of projects, clients and work, you will be supported in your Continuing Professional Development (CPD) at PM Group and career.
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Work with, and support, a number of established Process Safety professionals in the support of internal projects and a variety of external process safety consultancy works.
- Office based with regular site based surveys and safety studies. You should however, expect to embark upon a prolonged site based placement at some time during the early part of the new career within the department (this will be a process safety role at an operational manufacturing facility which will provide the opportunity for first-hand involvement in the day-to-day management of process safety aspects).
- Required to work across a variety of diverse industry sectors including food & pharma, specialty chemicals, advanced manufacturing, energy and waste recycling
- Key player in a significant variety of short duration assignments to support the execution of key process hazard analysis exercises which underpin the delivery of a safe design for the end user.
- You will be involved in the selection, preparation, execution and reporting of a range of process hazard analysis tools including What If Study, HAZOP, and LOPA.
- You should expect a rapid acceleration in your understanding and knowledge of a wide range of process safety subject matter areas e.g. ATEX/DSEAR risk assessment, hazardous area classification, safe handling of combustible dusts, control of electrostatic hazards.
- The opportunity to develop detailed understanding and knowledge of regulations, standards and state-or-the-art best practice guidance relevant to the specific tasks in hand.
- Increased involvement and responsibility in bespoke safety consultancy works as your process safety skill-sets are developed. Ultimately leading to the provision of stand-alone consultancy services when Subject Matter Expert (SME) status is approached in respective areas.
- You will be required to be fully engaged in your continuous professional development (CPD) and to achieve “Chartered Status” as soon as reasonably practicable (if you have not already done so).
Qualifications & Experience
- Hold a Degree in Chemical, Biochemical, Process or related Engineering.
- Relevant professional experience in similar function and environment, related to process safety engineering.
- Preferably Chartered member of a Institution, such as IChemE or working towards.
- Working knowledge and understanding of DSEAR & ATEX, PUWER and/or machine safety directive.
- Understanding and experience of hazard study methodologies (including HAZOP)
- Good understanding of EHS legislation, codes of practices and standards
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, trouble-shooting, root cause analysis and risk assessments with a strong attention to detail.
- Self-motivated, organised, reliable along with a professional approach and demeanour.
- A strong ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including extensive report-writing experience.
- Display an enthusiastic approach towards others with a ‘teamwork’ focus.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to meet the demands of the role and project environment.
PM Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer