As part of the Business Development (BD) team, you will have access to senior members of the PM PROjEN business where you will be able to play a tangible and significant part in supporting the ongoing growth of the business. We are committed to supporting the personal & professional development through ‘one to one’ training and will present you with opportunities to broaden your experience within a close team environment.
Job Role & Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- Maintain and contact our existing customer database, as well as finding new prospects, establishing new business and cultivating and managing long-term relationships.
- Managing and interpreting client requirements – including defining project technical solutions and outlining project delivery strategies.
- Producing client proposals (including calculating and presenting associated cost estimates).
- Taking the sales process from the initial concept through to handover to delivery.
- Directly supporting the BD Manager and BD Director, (and other members of the senior management team), with the gathering of information for and responding to, bids and tenders.
- Making technical presentations and demonstrating how our services will meet client needs.
- Preparing reports for the senior management team.
- Supporting our responses to Pre-Qualification Questionnaires (PQQ) and Requests For Information (RFI).
- Identifying marketing opportunities (including awards, conferences and targeted events).
- For the majority of the time, you will work as part of a team, however from time to time they may be required to work independently on special projects as instructed by other members of the BD Team - such projects may include market research, a review of competitor services, Industry event attendance and specialist presentations.
Requirements & Experience
- A technical qualification in an engineering discipline, (Process or Mechanical Engineering being preferred. Control, Electrical and Instrumentation qualifications/experience will also be considered for the right candidate)
- Ideally have experience in an engineering environment to include design and project delivery exposure.
- A good understanding of IT systems and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Previous experience within a technical sales role, preferably within a relatable engineering services/consultancy environment.
- Strong communication skills - must be comfortable presenting directly to clients
- Highly developed bid / tender writing skills, including a well-developed understanding of grammar and punctuation.
- The ability to stay calm under pressure.
- Good organisational and time keeping skills.
- Able to demonstrate good attention to detail while meeting multiple project deadlines.
- Full UK driving licence – with willingness to travel across the UK/Europe when required.