This is fantastic opportunity for a Building Services Engineer looking to step up into a more challenging senior role. Based in our Cork office, you will get work on wide range of international-focussed projects.
This person will be responsible for design, specification and technical support to our procurement department on utility equipment including water and steam boilers, water and air cooled chillers, cooling towers, dry coolers and associated hydronic plant. He/she will be capable of developing central utility building (CUB) concepts, basic and detailed design for multiple clients across our network of offices.
As Senior Building Service Engineer you will
- Ensure a safe working environment by following safety rules and helping improve the safety culture.
- Provide black utility system engineering expertise.
- Develop process flow diagrams, develop PFD into P&IDs’ for heating and cooling packages including boilers, chillers, cooling towers, dry coolers and compressed air plant.
- Produce technical specifications for utility equipment.
- Complete preliminary plant section of utility equipment based on process and HVAC loads provided by the wider project team.
- Evaluate vendor submissions and assist with the procurement process.
- Follow up on contract queries during installation close out.
- Liaise with members of the utilities team and direct subordinates where needed.
- Liaise with other disciplines, electrical, process, automatic, architecture and agree key riser positions, routes and help develop sections of buildings at early concept stage.
To be successful in this role, you will have -
- Deep technical interest and understanding in the field of engineering
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong collaborative skills with an ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Creativity to identify improvement opportunities
- Provided guidance & mentoring to others
- The ability to network internally and externally to align on specific project design.
- The capability of measuring and monitoring progress of the team he/she is responsible for.
- Design experience in the pharma, food or hospital sectors would be ideal however, we are willing to train a suitable candidate given the right blend of ability and enthusiasm.
- A building services engineering (Hons) NFQ Level 8 for Ireland / FHEQ level 6 UK is preferable. We’d also be happy to hear from candidates with an Honours degree in Mechanical Engineering Honours degree.
Successful candidate will:
Receive a very completive salary
Work closely with Industry leading Engineers
Gain the opportunity to work on large projects worldwide
Enjoy flexible working hours