The Senior Electrical Engineer is a client-facing role requiring the ability to inspire confidence from initial client meetings through proposal preparation and project execution. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join the PM Group team out of our Burlington, MA office.
The successful candidate will have proven design excellence in complex life sciences facilities (life sciences/process/manufacturing buildings, laboratories, data centers etc.).
PM Group is an international project delivery company operating across Europe, the USA and Asia. We have a 46-year track record in project management, process design, facility design and construction management for leading multinational companies. We are world leaders in the pharmaceutical, food, mission critical, medtech, advanced manufacturing and energy sectors.
Essential Job Functions
- Carry out conceptual design studies.
- Carry out detailed engineering including preparation of calculations and drawings directly and through supervision of other engineers.
Typical areas of design include:
- MV systems (including MV distribution).
- LV systems (including LV distribution, MCC’s, UPS, Generators etc.)
- Lighting systems, fire alarm, security systems and data/telecom systems
- Lightning protection systems
- Hazardous area design
- Instrumentation architecture (DCS and BMS systems).
- Ensuring code compliance in issued design deliverables
- Review submissions and installations for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
- Technical checking of the team’s work.
- Witness commissioning activities, trials and factory acceptance tests for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
- Present PM Electrical / Instrumentation Engineering capability to potential clients in support of proposals.
- Liaise and coordinate with other disciplines within the USA offices, within other PM Group offices and with external consultants.
- Ideally 7 year’s professional experience along with 2 years in a Lead role.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Masters in Engineering Management or equivalent would be an advantage.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) in Massachusetts – preferred not required.
- Demonstrated capability in electrical / instrumentation design.
- Self-motivating and self-organizing. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers at all levels, with good presentation skills.
- Professional approach and demeanour.
- A strong ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business. A commitment to sustainable design.
- Proficiency in SKM Power System Tools, AutoCAD, Revit and other software design tools.
- Experience across a range of PM Group’s industry Sectors (http://www.pmgroup-global.com/sectors.aspx) would be an advantage.
- Reliable, consistent and mature approach to work.
- Demonstrate the ability to play a positive role in multi-discipline teams.