You will also be expected to work closely in a multi-disciplinary environment with other engineers, architects and professionals displaying a flexible and adaptable approach.
Job Role and Responsibilities (but not limited to)
- Carry out site condition surveys and produce feasibility reports with budget cost estimates for the building services elements of the work.
- Carry out conceptual and detailed design with calculations for building services systems.
- Produce engineering specifications and report writing.
- Site attendance at project meetings. Inspection of installations, commissioning and witnessing activities, trials and factory acceptance tests for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
- Able to reside on a construction site for short periods as required for construction assistance.
- Self-manage own work load and liaise with CAD and other PM departments to ensure delivery commitments are met. Able to work across UK and other PM offices on a Multi Office Execution basis as needed.
- Quality control, H&S and document management in line with PM policies and systems.
- You will report directly to the Head of Building Services and carry out the full range of professional tasks and services to meet client requirements to the highest standards.
- All works will be in full compliance with legislation, regulations and current Codes of Practice, within budget and to client driven timescales.
Qualifications and Experience
- A Degree in Building Services Engineering or equivalent experience
- Preferably Chartered Engineer or working towards Chartered Status
- Membership of appropriate body e.g. CIBSE, ASHRAE etc.
- Proven experience in the building services engineering profession, within a similar level of function and responsibility.
- Experience of projects in pharmaceutical, mission critical, food or industrial related sectors.
- Experience of energy conservation, sustainability and renewable technologies
- Comprehensive knowledge and application of regulations, legislation, codes of practice and current design standards applicable to mechanical building services installations.
- Computer literacy skills with specific experience & working knowledge of software packages - IES (preferable), Hevacomp, AutoCAD and Microsoft Office suite.
- Knowledge of BREEAM, LEED and related concepts desirable.
- Knowledge of BIM, Navis works, MEP AutoCAD Revit very advantageous.
- A CSCS Card preferable.
- Display energy, enthusiasm and determination to achieve objectives and deliver solutions.
- Display effective organisation skills with an ability to prioritise workload to meet deadlines and expectations of clients and colleagues.
- Demonstrate effective analysis techniques, problem resolution and solution delivery.