PM Group is a leading International engineering, architecture, project and construction management firm. With a network of offices in Europe, Asia and the US and a multi-discipline team of 2,600 people, we deliver complex, capital projects in the life sciences, food and beverages, mission critical/ICT, advanced manufacturing, energy and environmental sectors.
Job Title: Data Centre Project Director – North Dublin
Our client is looking to recruit an experienced Data Centre Project Director to join their existing team. The ideal candidate will have overseen a large data centre design and construction project from a green field site through to commercial operation, with the support of specialised stakeholders including an in-house development, construction and project management team.
- Manage the day to day operations of a large data centre development project
- Detailed final design sign off including mechanical and electrical design, superstructure, substructure and site works, related primary services including power, water and fibre, management of key design consultants including design engineers, architects and civil engineers, incorporation of any tenant design specifications, compliance with leading industry design standards and accreditations
- Ensuring final design is cost optimal
- Maintenance and delivery of program and budget including achieving key milestones, pricing, estimating and challenging quantity surveyor proposals, full cost responsibility, supply chain management and modular construction / fit out phasing management
- Procurement / contract selection including equipment / product selection, tender process and evaluation, contract award and legal contract review for each contractor / supplier including lead project contractors HV/MV specialists, product suppliers, project managers, sub-contractors and commissioning agents
- Project management of construction / build / fit out / commissioning including contract management, order approvals, project milestones, variation sign off, commercial close out, site management including health and safety, quality assurance and quality control, supply chain management / optimisation and modular construction program
- Phased operational handover including employing key and administrative staff, security and maintenance selection and appointment and modular operational handover
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum of 10+ years’ project director experience
- Previous experience overseeing large data centre projects from Greenfield site through to operation
- Proven experience in delivering data centre construction projects within scope, on time and in budget
- Detailed design knowledge of modular data centres including full mechanical and electrical design
- Proven ability to lead a design and construction team effectively including getting the best out of in-house resources, contractors etc.