PM Group are now recruiting for a Digital Technologist. This role will report to the Group Head of Digital Project Delivery. The successful candidate will primarily support the core Group Construction Services and CQV teams to enhance and develop our digital service delivery. The position will be office based from either our Dublin or Cork offices with occasional travel to other offices and sites as required.
The successful candidate will be working with the core Construction Services team in conjunction with the BIM Bureau for the development and enhancement of the following key areas:
- Creation of project animations for Electrical, Projects, Construction Management and CQV proposals and project reporting.
- Integration of Construction Sequencing and Building Information Models using simulations [4D]
- Manage integration of data from engineering design systems and cost management systems [5D]
- Research, development and implementation of Virtual Reality and Augmented Reality solutions to support construction teams’ day to day activities and progress reviews.
- Digitization of key site based activities from production, data gathering to full electronic handover at project close.
- Coordinate the Data interfaces between Electrical, Projects, Construction Management and CQV departments.
- Research and Development in the whole area of Apps and how we can implement Apps
- The successful candidate should be able to review existing work processes and identify opportunities to improve the accuracy and efficiency of activities through digital platforms.
- The role will also require the ability to clearly define problem statements, technical requirements and manage third party developers.
- Familiarity with the various design technologies in use across PM Group is an advantage as they will be the prime source of data.
- Relevant programming skills or the demonstrated ability to develop programming skills relevant to the enhancement of our design suites technologies would be an advantage
Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrated capability & expertise in the use of our design suites and animation technologies
- Programming skills [desirable]
- Third Level Qualification is desirable, but not essential.
- Ability to work on one’s own initiative.