In the Bay Area, CA, we wish to recruit a Senior Electrical Engineer with 10 to 15 years’ experience to work on projects in the Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology, Mission Critical/Data Center, Healthcare, Advanced Technology, and Medical Technologies sectors.
- Design of power and lighting systems; develops specifications and technical documents related to assigned projects
- Work is performed with minimal supervision; has considerable latitude in determining objectives and approaches to assignments
- Performs calculations and evaluations in the design of equipment and systems for commercial and industrial applications.
- Participates in planning, cost development, management, and scheduling for assigned projects
- Carry out site visits / site surveys
- Attend project design team meetings and project review meetings
- Advise on and interpret technical standards and regulations
- Keep abreast of current technology, regulatory such as NEC (including Environment Health and Safety) and industry standards within their discipline
- Design of low and medium voltage power distribution systems, lighting design, System study and coordination.
- Develop technical specifications, single line diagrams, short circuit study, and load calculation.
- Manage the preparation of technical documents, including checking as appropriate, in accordance with agreed schedules and ensure compliance with safety, environmental and regulatory requirements
- Interact and communicate with own department, other departments, project team members, clients and other external parties to ensure co-ordination of activities
- Coordinate, lead and deliver the engineering design for complex, multidiscipline projects.
- Manage the delivery of detailed design and construction deliverables from the design team.
- Ensure the success of delivered designs within man-hour budgets, within schedule, meet client requirements, meet code requirements, and are practical for execution.
- 10-15 years of project design experience as a lead engineer involving mechanical and plumbing systems for industrial facilities
- BS or MS in electrical engineering discipline
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) preferred.
- Working knowledge of Computer-aided design software and proficiency in Microsoft Office software is a plus.
- AutoCAD & Revit knowledge and proficiency are a plus.
- Knowledge of Title 24
- Strong work ethic
- Flexible and willing to travel to meet project requirements
- Self-motivated and self-organized.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, project management and organizational skills.
PM Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer.