Great opportunity for Electrical/Instrumentation/Automation Project Engineers to join our highly skilled E/I/A team onsite within a leading Cork Pharmaceutical client based in Cork.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing and implementing technical projects to help drive efficiency and compliance. You will work closely with Global Engineering and site-based automation groups to implement automation solutions and support project implementation.
- Prepare detailed scope for projects, based on Manufacturing/Process area requests
- Identify and evaluate automation, data integrity, process and efficiency improvements
- Recommend alternatives to proposed projects for cost savings or improvements
- Define Automation & IT requirements for capital projects and interact with internal & external stakeholders, vendors and contractors
- Prepare Automation, IT and Instrumentation cost estimates for projects in conjunction with the Project Team and vendors
- Prepare project schedules and ensure project deadlines are met
- Manage automation projects throughout the project lifecycle
- Ensure compliance with the clients Procedures and Standards
- Install and commission GMP and non-GMP, manufacturing and utility systems
- Actively support the Validation / Qualification of GMP equipment
- Work with Manufacturing, Engineering and Quality departments to troubleshoot issues
- Ensure projects are delivered with a focus on GMP and data integrity
Education & Experience:
- A relevant 3rd level degree in Electronic, Electrical, Instrumentation, Process Engineering or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience in an Automation role
- Experience with GMP Systems or in a GMP Environment
- Ability to read, understand and fault find: PLC, BMS, SCADA, DCS code during FATs or on site commissioning
- Instrumentation, automation & control knowledge with PLC / BMS / SCADA / DCS
- Knowledge of Shopfloor Network & Control Architecture
- Excellent English communication skills and works well in a team environment
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel etc.
- Familiar with the following systems an advantage; Siemens PLCs, Allen Bradley PLCs, InTouch SCADAs, Siemens BMS, DeltaV DCS