Reporting into the Director of HR and close day to day collaboration with our Director of Operations at PM PROjEN this role will suit an individual who is seeking a varied role of responsibility within a diverse and dynamic work environment for a growing and developing business.
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Provide a proactive HR service to internal stakeholders across the PM PROjEN operations and offices.
- Act as first point of contact to promote best practice and provide advice and guidance on all operational HR activities for management and staff.
- Support the Director of HR in the planning and implementation of initiatives for the business including Organisational Development, Talent Management, Learning & Development, Performance Management and Recognition.
- Ensure all ER issues are managed effectively and efficiently, including absence, grievance, performance, disciplinary & dismissal and daily people issues.
- Monitor measure and report on key HR metrics including issues, opportunities, development plans and achievements within agreed formats and timescales.
- Liaise with other functional/departmental managers so as to understand all necessary aspects and needs of HR development and to ensure they are fully informed of HR objectives and achievements.
- Ensure compliance with all employment laws as well as regulations pertaining to HR by reviewing current management practices and recommending new policies as necessary.
- Managing and maintaining contracts of employment, personnel files and other employee information including ensuring accurate posting/uploading of personnel data into HR Information System (HRIS).
- Liaise and coordinate with Talent Acquisition with regards to resource needs as and when necessary and
- Deliver New Hire on-boarding and orientation for the business and operations.
- Monitor and support management in the application of the Performance Management process.
- Ensure that all employee orientation, development and training is in line with the business plan.
- Report on training delivered against plan.
- Other reasonable tasks as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience
- Be qualified to degree level in HRM, Business or similar discipline/subject.
- A CIPD membership is highly desirable
- Proven level of experience gained within a similar HR function and role, preferably within an engineering or professional service consultancy environment.
- Good understanding of employment law and awareness of HR Best Practices.
- Strong IT proficiency and skills gained preferably using a web-based HRIS.
- Must be self-motivated and result driven with a positive outlook and a clear focus on providing a high quality service to the needs of the business.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills with ability to build rapport, trust and display empathy with all levels of staff.
- Excellent organisational skills - combined with ability to prioritise competing demands and methodical approach to complete and meet deadlines.
- Display a strong sense of customer focus and teamwork, displaying a ‘can do’ attitude towards tasks.