You will be the UK focus for Information & Communication Technology (ICT) engineering and input against projects in coordination with other discipline leads, design management and overall project management.
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Lead on the project from an ICT perspective and be part of a multidiscipline team.
- Consult with the client to develop a full understanding of their technical requirements and provide them with technical advice based upon industry best-practice and recommend appropriate technology to suit their requirements.
- Develop project documentation, design methodologies and solutions to client functional and operational requirements.
- Produce and check high-quality ICT designs, specifications, reports and working drawings within agreed timescales and budgets.
- Technically lead ICT packages of design work and supervise / mentor junior engineers where appropriate.
- Assemble and manage tender, approval, and construction issue ICT packages in an efficient and lean manner.
- The role requires extensive and independent contact with clients, vendor’s representatives and project field personnel.
- Attend and participate in client and PM Group meetings.
- Direct and/or participate in project site visits to monitor, review and sign-off ICT installations.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A Degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent ICT related discipline) preferred.
- Proven level of knowledge and experience in Information & Communication Technology (ICT) engineering design.
- Strong technical background and experience gained within an organisation undertaking IT network infrastructure designs ideally within the Mission Critical (Data Centres) sector.
- Data Centre Design Professional Certification, CCNA Qualified etc would be a distinct advantage.
- Familiarity or ability to quickly become familiar, with relevant standards and processes.
- Demonstrable understanding of telecommunications systems, WAN & LAN principles, design processes and documentation related to Copper and Optical Fibre Cabling Connectivity, POE Systems, Server Room Design & Specification and Security / Access Control System Interfaces.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required with the ability to prepare written specifications and contract documents.
- Professional approach and demeanour. A strong ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
*PM Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer