A key role of responsibility within our design led work and services, which will require a collaborative and efficient approach towards delivery and execution on projects.
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Prepare layout and detail design drawings, 3D models and associated schedules for presentation to client, suppliers or contractors.
- Coordinate with other disciplines, namely Electrical, Control & Instrumentation (EC&I), with input into the design of projects.
- Carry our clash checking/detection of 3D models.
- Provide pipe support design and ability to select appropriate supports from standards.
- Liaison with stress analysis subcontractors to provide correct information and interpretation and incorporation of their outputs
- Review, update, validate documentation for technical accuracy prior to issue.
- Conduct Design & Constructability Reviews through various assignment stages; recording and subsequent incorporation of comments.
- Compilation of data including site surveys, laser scanning, point cloud, client specifications best practice or vendor/supplier information.
- Compilation and completion of handover documentation.
- Ensure overall compliance with and continuous improvement of QMS / Project Procedures and Engineering Standards are met.
- Ensure all work is completed to PM PROjEN Business Processes/Client Standards as dictated within the assignment plan.
- Ensure all work conforms to current legislation, standards and best practices.
- Ensure scope creep of projects is identified via the use of Design Change Notes and Variation Orders and early warnings are given to the client. Provide discipline input into change notes
- Ensuring all aspects of health and safety are met in projects, through CDM, design reviews and design risk management reviews
- Support management on health and safety matters and not interfere with anything provided to safeguard health and safety.
- Appraisal and Implementation of all Health & Safety considerations for the assignment duration.
- Ensure compliance with Designer Duties under the CDM Regulations 2015.
Qualifications & Experience
- A HNC or equivalent in related technical / engineering subject would be preferred.
- Thorough level of experience in Designer led role producing design detail, isometrics, plant layouts and clash detection as well Designer responsibilities under CDM Regulations.
- Have experience and knowledge of working in multi-discipline design and engineering teams (including Mechanical, Piping, Electrical, Control & Instrumentation).
- Strong proficiency with related 3D design/drafting software (AutoCAD 3D, Autoplant and Plant 3D)
- Direct experience gained in one or more of our core sectors is highly desirable (Advanced Manufacturing & Technology, Chemical, Petrochemical, Materials Handling, Energy & Environmental and Gas)
- Display a quality and ‘right first time’ approach to design work.
- Ability to work both independently or as part of a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to chair meetings and reviews with colleagues, 3rd party contractors and clients.
*PM Group are an Equal Opportunities Employer