Reporting to the UK Director of Engineering, you will be accountable for leading and managing the UK Process Group departments and teams, in terms of operational delivery excellence, to resource allocation and Learning & Development of talent across the Process Group.
Job Role & Responsibilities (to include but not limited to)
- Take ownership for the Process Group including direct line management of the Department Heads / sub teams including all HR issues, recruitment and development requirements.
- Develop and deliver a ‘Group Development Plan’ for the UK Process Group aligned with the overall UK Business Strategy.
- Develop the Process Group ensuring on-going personal development needs are identified, and that the team has the correct mix of staff and contract resources.
- Manage, develop and mentor junior resources in the department including supporting the NEXT Graduate Programme.
- Manage the team within the utilisation targets set by the UK annual budget.
- Target flawless technical delivery, working within man-hour budgets set by projects. Ensure the highest quality of Process design, engineering and advice on all projects.
- Identify areas for improvement for technical delivery, improved templates across the Group, how we can deliver more efficiently and still maintain the requirements of our Clients.
- Support pre-sales and post business development activities including scoping, proposal / man-effort generation, resource allocation (select / manage the teams capability) client visits, change control.
- This role will require a significant interface with your counterparts in the other operations to share resources, to maximize utilitisation and also to align working practices.
- Support selected projects as Lead Engineer, Subject Matter Expert (SME) or Design Manager on selected projects accordingly and manage the team capability so they can match the requirements of projects.
- Develop and manage the compilation of the Process Groups master deliverable lists and adapt to suit individual project requirements.
- Oversight of the progress and quality of the Process Groups deliverables.
- Ensure compliance with PM Group and/or customer procedures, organise appropriate reviews (including peer reviews) and approve project documents for issue.
- Ensure that all projects comply with applicable local, international and client codes and standards.
- Ensure the Process Group actively inputs into PM Group Technology initiatives.
- Assist with developing project schedules and coordinate between all disciplines to ensure the design is in accordance with the agreed project schedule, track/report progress and implement man-hour controls
Requirements & Experience
- Suitable degree level qualification of related discipline, or equivalent experience, including Chartered Engineer status (highly desirable).
- Demonstrable capability and experience in process, mechanical and process safety design for Pharmaceutical, Food or Energy projects.
- Direct experience of working in a multi-discipline engineering environment.
- Proven level of experience in similar function to include leading teams in terms of project delivery and execution through to line management and mentoring responsibility.
- You must have excellent commercial awareness and business acumen with the ability to manage engineering delivery including man- hours and commercial targets.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to produce quality work and achieve project deadlines within budget.
- You must be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business services.
- Professional approach and demeanour.
- A strong ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers at all levels.
- Flexibility to travel both inside and outside the UK as required.