In Fremont, California, we are seeking a Senior Project Architect, with a minimum of 10 years biotech/biopharma manufacturing facilities and/or R&D laboratory design experience.
The successful candidate will work directly with our clients and PM Group internal teams on projects of all scales. Primary responsibilities will include leading the design and planning process for multi-faceted production facilities and overseeing the production and coordination of architectural construction documents under the direction of the Architectural Department Manager.
Essential job functions
- Provide architectural design for varied projects and client base. Implement the development of preliminary presentations and construction documentation.
- Review and coordinate design issues with the in-house engineering team through multiple phases of a project.
- Participate in company initiatives for quality control and ISO 9001 certification.
- Lead a multidiscipline team and perform layout and detailing on architectural projects
- Establish owner/client and internal meetings, and participate in reviews with various governing agencies for code compliance
- Conduct work sessions at project site in conjunction with Project Manager and other disciplines
- Coordinate workload of team members through multiple phases to complete documents on schedule
- Perform QA/QC and technical reviews
- Coordinate and edit architectural specifications
- Coordinate with and assist affected disciplines with addenda, RFIs, CPRs and change orders
- Incorporate agreed-upon changes into project documents
- Lead projects in a dual project management role as needed
- Provide construction contract administration as needed
- Maintains a professional and productive relationship with clients and co-workers
Education and experience
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture or closely related field
- 15+ years’ experience
- Registered Architect
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Project Schedule)
- Exellent written and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient in use of Autodesk Revit and familiarity with related tools and processes
- Demonstrated graphic presentation skills
- Must have experience in preparation and layout of architectural contract documents and coordination of specifications
- Strong knowledge of codes and good planning skills
- Strong knowledge of design, trends, construction methodology, material application, and manufacturer-supplier appropriateness.
- Advanced knowledge of architectural building systems.
- Ability to lead teams and work effectively with other project leaders.
- Ability to effectively meet deadlines.
- Registered Architect in California
- LEED AP accreditation an advantage
- Knowledge and experience with Revit and AutoCAD. Sketch-up, and other 3-D software experience a plus
- Familiarity and experience with FDA/EU cGMP guidelines is a definite advantage
- Good report and technical writing skills desired with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Demonstrating good interpersonal skills, is attentive and approachable
- Flexibility to travel (moderate) required
- Mentoring junior architectural staff and assist in professional development.
- Thorough knowledge of buildingSMART and Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) is an advantage.
- Proficiency in NewForma preferred.
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Contributing to ongoing business development activities.