This is an opportunity to work within a truly multi-disciplined team environment across a diverse range and scale of complex projects in addition to career support and professional development.
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Provide Project Controls support to project managers & team members to assist with execution of Projects ahead of schedule and under budget:
- Develop, track and control realistic schedules and budgets on Projects.
- Facilitate development of work breakdown structure to ensure all project activities are identified and executed by the appropriate team members
- Responsible for the Commercial Support on projects
- Prepare cost estimates at all stages of the project design.
- Lead the framework within which risks and issues are captured, reported and managed.
- Assist with development of talent and mentoring
- Lead efforts in benchmarking including equipment, construction, hours, project phase duration, etc.
- Be present in the field to assist project teams and provide ad hoc Project Management support as required and use field presence to verify physical progress.
- Pro-actively monitor and control Projects in support of the project teams:
- Actively manage any deviation from plan, analyze the impact of the changes to schedule, cost, and risk. Ensure complete compliance to the project change management process.
- Identify and escalate any unsolved issues/risks to the project team and leadership as required.
- Provision of Cost engineering support and input to the Project Risk and opportunity management procedure and maintenance of the Project Risk Register
- Generation of weekly and monthly project cost reports detailing EPCM project delivery performance vs. the approved control budget.
- Analysis of project cost performance data vs. control budget so as to provide the EPCM team with early warning of adverse trends and emerging issues.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Preferably degree in relatable subject (e.g. Engineering, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management) but not essential
- Experience in being part of a team running a full scale Project Controls including Cost, Earned value, Scheduling, Estimating, Quantity surveying, etc.
- Proficiency with implementation and usage of Project Controls computer systems, software applications and capabilities
- Specific sector experience (Pharmaceutical, Food) highly desirable but not essential.
- Self-motivated with a pro-active approach.
- Strong organisational skills.
- Strong methodical and analytical approach with an ability to meet deadlines.
- Reliable, consistent and quality approach to work.
- Demonstrable ability to play a positive role in multi-discipline teams.
- Professional approach and demeanour. A strong ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers at all levels, with good presentation skills.