The Project Engineer will be responsible for delivery of best practice systems and problem resolution on a large scale data centre. The project consists of electrical and mechanical infrastructure (UPS, MV electrical systems, generators, cooling systems etc.) The role requires a highly driven, self-managed individual who demonstrates initiative and proactively seeks innovative solutions to highly complex technical problems.
Duties will include
- Working to and maintaining the highest standards for safety and actively promoting a world-class safety culture in all aspects of operational procedure
- Driving continuous improvement efforts on infrastructure through creation of procedures and policies, while delivering performance against agreed metrics
- Collaborating effectively with construction contractors to deliver operational excellence for all clients’ users.
- Innovation and delivery of a portfolio of strategic projects on critical infrastructure to ensure class-leading performance
- The successful delivery of build-out and upgrades of facility infrastructure in existing and new regional locations through a deep technical review and execution of construction & commissioning activities by contracted providers
- Ensuring organisational capability to react & respond appropriately to any potential customer impacting event on any component of electrical or mechanical infrastructure
- Minimum 5 years’ proven experience of strategic project engineering experience delivering medium and large scale technical projects
- Minimum third level degree in relevant field
- An ability to deliver results within projects with a high level complexity from design through to installation commissioning and start up
- Ability to prioritize and direct contracting companies
- Strong IT skills; experience and knowledge of MS Office suite
- Strong verbal and written communication skills at all levels within the organization, with a requirement to have excellent communications skills through English