As a Senior Project Manager you will have responsibility for, and ownership of, some of the most complex and high-profile projects. While this is part of the UK operations and business, many of our clients are multi-national organisations, and you will therefore have exposure and accountability for international project delivery.
This is a key and highly visible opportunity within PM Group to contribute to the continued success and growth of our UK business and operations.
Job Role & Responsibilities:
- Lead the proposal effort for PM Group and develop the execution strategy and commercials for the project proposal.
- Defining PM Group’s scope of work and how the project will be delivered.
- Develop a project execution strategy, including Engineering, Procurement and Construction Management (EPCM), and agree same with the PM Group project Team and the Client.
- Develop and agree project schedule(s).
- Review and understand commercial aspects of the project, developing project budget and PM Group fee budget.
- Deliver safe execution of all phases of the project life-cycle.
- Perform work in compliance with PM Group’s Service Delivery platforms and Quality Management System.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the strategy and modify as necessary to accommodate changing circumstances throughout the life-cycle of the project.
- Identify resource needs, timing and organize with resource owners, where required.
- Coordinate the design between all disciplines including sub-contractors and site teams.
- Prepare Project Monthly Internal Reports for PM Group Management and ensure early notification of any significant project issues with potential commercial risk for PM Group.
- Ensure Customer agreement, sub-consultant agreement, construction contracts are in place.
- Set up and control change management for the projects assigned.
- Ensure compliance with local statutory and regulatory obligations.
- Monitor and enforce compliance with PM Group and/or Customer procedures.
- Review contract or project risks, organize appropriate reviews and take appropriate steps to mitigate as necessary.
- Motivate and direct the project team, including sub consultants.
- Prepare project reports for the Customer, covering Health Safety and Environmental, project progress (achieved and planned), cost and schedule status, ensuring visibility of key project risks, trends and areas of concern.
- Close out project including certification, handover, close-out review / report, project metrics, capturing “Lessons Learned” and documentation.
- Undertake mentoring within the Project Management Team
- Have a complete understanding of industry standard Project Controls, tools and techniques, including Earned Value Analysis
Qualifications & Experience:
- Preferably a Bachelor Degree or equivalent in related subject (e.g. Engineering, Construction or Science)
- A professional qualification in recognized Project Management professional body (e.g. APM or PMI) is highly desirable.
- You must have a proven level of experience in delivering complex and multi-disciplined EPCM projects in the Pharmaceutical or Biopharmaceutical sector and industry.
- Knowledge and experience in delivering and handling EPCM projects that include validation.
- You must have excellent commercial awareness and business acumen with the ability to manage projects to budget including man- hours and commercial targets.
- Excellent organizational skills with an ability to produce quality work and achieve project deadlines within budget.
- You must be self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and business services.
- A forward planner, who identifies and resolves project challenges effectively.
- You must be able to critically assesses own performance and performance of others.
- Act as a Project Sponsor when required.