You will be required to produce high quality 3D MEP (Mechanical, Electrical, Pipework) design using Revit to BIM standards with a focus on providing integrated solutions incorporating state of the art coordinated MEP design.
Job Role & Responsibilities
- Produce and check complex MEP (clean & black utilities) plans, layouts and electronic 3D models for equipment in accordance with project requirements, codes, specifications and procedures.
- Designing and drafting of MEP systems using 3D software.
- Coordinate with other disciplines as to the design quality such as Architecture, Civil & Structural, Process, Electrical & Instrumentation.
- Reviewing and validating documentation for technical accuracy prior to issue.
- Establish strong working relationships and communication internally amongst peers, management and cross-disciplined teams.
- Display a positive and ‘can do’ attitude to tasks and stakeholders.
- Travel as and when required either to site location or other regional PM Group offices.
- Delivers MEP CAD project work in AutoCAD and Revit formats
- Responsible for maintaining project drawings in compliance with quality procedures
- Conducts site visits / surveys as may be required.
Requirements & Experience
- A HNC or equivalent in related technical / engineering subject (e.g. Mechanical/Piping, Building Services)
- Proven experience and expertise in producing MEP 3D design work, gained with a related sector or market ideally (e.g. Pharmaceutical, Food, Biotechnology, FMCG)
- Thorough knowledge of Building Services BIM Software is required.
- A good working knowledge and understanding of other engineering disciplines for coordinating design purposes.
- Display a quality and ‘right first time’ approach to design work.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a multi-disciplined team.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.