You will have the chance to work and build long term relationships with our blue chip clients through full life-cycle project delivery as well as work within a truly multi-disciplined environment, interacting and collaborating with a diverse team of professionals.
Job Role & Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- Develop appropriate design solutions in close consultation with the Head of Department.
- The preparation and coordination of project information and its timely issue to the Client,
- Contractor and/or the Project Team as required.
- Job planning including fee against resources, maintaining fortnightly from worksheets, advising the Head of Department of changes in resource requirements.
- Responsible for the coordination of concept and detail design information within the constraints quality, time and costs.
- Ensuring that project files are set up and processes comply with our QA procedures.
- To co-ordinate the activities of the design team, Quantity Surveyor and feedback to the Head of Department.
- To liaise with the Head of Department to facilitate and hold both design and technical reviews.
- Responsible to the Head of Department for ensuring that designs are compliant with the customer brief (conformance with restrictive covenants relating to site, where applicable), building regulations, planning constraints and regulations, NHS design guidance, HBNs and HTMs or any other applicable technical guidelines.
- Take a proactive in respect of advice to clients to improve value on all aspects of service delivery.
- To be aware of and to highlight business opportunities to the Management Team, in respect of existing clients or introductions to new clients and new opportunities.
- To co-ordinate and co-operate with other Teams to improve the overall efficiency of the company.
- Develop and enhance job running skills and abilities
- Undertaking any other duties, within reason, that may be delegated to you by the Head of Department on behalf of the company.
Qualifications & Experience
- Be a fully qualified Architect
- Possess strong and proven expertise gained as an Architect across a variety of projects.
- Have an in-depth knowledge base and experience across all RIBA work stages.
- Ability to lead, coordinate and supervise both internal and external teams.
- Strong technical knowledge and abilities
- Possess a thorough understanding of the financial aspects of delivering a project, against schedule and budgets.
- Display excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have a thorough knowledge of UK building regulations and construction technology.
- Possess exceptional technical and construction detailing ability.
- Have a high level of proficiency in AutoCAD.
- A working knowledge of Revit would be beneficial but is not essential.