Proven design excellence experience in complex (life sciences/ bio-pharma / pharmaceutical) facilities is required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Carry out conceptual design studies.
- Carry out detailed engineering including preparation of calculations and drawings directly and through supervision of other engineers.
- Support Leading the Electrical Department including technical leadership and mentoring of the team including graduates.
Electrical Engineering Responsibilities:
- Feasibility, outline and detailed electrical design work including:
- Functional Design Specifications
- Electrical Scope/Specification documents
- Plant/equipment datasheets
- Load schedules.
- I/O schedules
- Power/ICA cable schedules.
- Electrical calculations
- Electrical drawings.
- Single line diagrams
- Routing and cabling containment designs.
- General engineering design.
- Site visits and data collection.
- Assisting with delivering design and general engineering projects.
- Assisting with bids and proposal documents as required to support the Electrical Department Manager or Bid Manager as appropriate.
- Technical checking of the team’s work.
- Technical management of electrical vendors and sub-contractors.
- Provide project team leadership.
- Ensuring project deliverables comply with appropriate design codes and legislation.
Deputy Department Manager Responsibilities:
- Assist in the planning and allocation of resources
- Recruitment and development of resources – graduate recruitment and training, internal training, performance appraisals
- Improve the efficiency of the department’s work processes
- Maintain quality standards within the Department
- Support and drive innovation within the Electrical Department to ensure PM Group remains to the fore in engineering design
- Support Electrical Engineering related business improvements
- Support the development of the Electrical Engineering Delivery Platform along with supporting the Electrical Community within PM Group
- Deputize for Department Manager during periods of absence
- Minimum of 10years design experience with at least 5 years in a Lead role
- Broad experience in interdisciplinary coordination on projects preferably in the biopharma sector
- Excellent communication & people skills
- Good time management skills
- Self-starter and decision maker
- Degree in Electrical Engineering (or equivalent engineering degree with relevant experience)
- Masters in Engineering Management or equivalent would be an advantage.
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) by exam in California.
- Demonstrated capability in electrical engineering design.
- Experience across a range of PM Group’s industry sectors would be an advantage
What you will get:
Attractive remuneration, while working in a multi-disciplinary environment, in a vibrant expanding international company, with opportunities to work on both domestic and international projects across various sectors.