Proven design excellence experience in complex (life sciences/ bio-pharma / pharmaceutical) facilities is required.
Essential Job Functions:
- Carry out conceptual design studies.
- Carry out detailed engineering including preparation of calculations and drawings directly and through supervision of other engineers.
Typical areas of design include:
- PFD and P&ID development for typical life sciences unit operations
- Mass and energy balances / process and utility usage models
- Process Hazard Analysis – HAZOP etc.
- Process equipment design for life sciences manufacturing facilities
- Clean utility system design – generation and distribution of purified water, WFI and clean steam
- Specification and procurement of process and clean utility equipment
- Ensuring code compliance in issued design deliverables
- Lead, develop and mentor process engineering staff.
- Review submissions and installations for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
- Being resident on a construction site for short periods as required.
- Witness commissioning activities, trials and factory acceptance tests for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
- Act as project manager for engineering studies.
- Plan and manage work and resources.
- Present PM Group’s process engineering capability to potential clients in support of proposals.
- Liaise and coordinate with other disciplines within the USA offices, within other PM Group offices and with external consultants.
- Degree in Chemical Engineering (or equivalent engineering degree with relevant experience)
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) by exam in Massachusetts.
- Demonstrated capability in process engineering design.
- Experience across a range of PM Group’s industry sectors would be an advantage
- Ideally 15+ years professional experience.
- Self-motivated and self-organized.
- Reliable, consistent and mature approach to work.
- Demonstrable ability to play a positive role in multi-discipline teams.
Equal Opportunity Employer.