In line with our succession planning strategy and to support our continued growth in the Pharma, Mission Critical, Food and Med Tech sectors, we wish to appoint a Building Services Department Manager in the Dublin Office
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to be part of the management of the Dublin Operation.
- Lead the Building Services Department to ensure full alignment with the Group strategy and in particular the Dublin office strategy which includes significant growth in the Pharma, Mission Critical, Food and Med Tech sectors, increased levels of MOE, etc.
- Participate in projects as required, particularly at Concept and BOD stages and during Design Reviews
- Ensure Building Services design is delivered to the highest quality and safety standards and with maximum efficiency
- Develop best practice guidelines and standards for the department
- Lead innovation within the Building Services Department to ensure PM Group remains to the fore in engineering design, e.g. 3D Design, Simulation software, etc.
- Resource Management - allocate resources to meet project requirements, both in the offices and on our Managed Services sites
- Recruitment and development of personnel – internal training, performance appraisals, mentoring, etc. for personnel based in the office and on sites
- Interface with the Technology Team and Sector Heads to develop subject matter experts (SME’s) to meet sector needs
- Support Business Development activity proposals, presentations, client visits, etc.
- Support the development of execution strategies for projects
- Support commercial and risk reviews of projects
Qualifications & Requirements
- Level 8 qualification in Engineering
- Minimum of 12 years design experience with at least 5 years in a lead role
- Chartered status preferred but not essential
- Broad experience in interdisciplinary coordination on large scale projects preferably across all our sectors
- Experience in commercial management at both departmental and discipline level
- Good communication & people skills
- Good time management skills
- Self-starter and decision maker