We wish to appoint a Technical Director to join the sector management team. The appointee will provide technical and GMP facility design leadership and will coordinate the development of our Med/Tech technical expertise throughout PM Group’s operations worldwide.
Based in Ireland, and reporting to the Sector Director at PM Group’s Dublin office, the Med/Tech Technical Director will:
- Provide leadership in the design of Medical Technology facilities that meet cGMP and regulatory requirements
- Actively participate in projects, providing Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in Med/Tech facility design
- Liaise with operations and project managers to coordinate and optimise the technical component of our project delivery worldwide including participation in design reviews and project data recording activities as required
- Lead the Med/Tech TLT (Technology Leadership Team) in the coordination and development of our Med/Tech pool of expertise internationally
- Provide leadership in identifying and assessing technology trends that will impact on the growth of our business
- Lead the development of an SME training and development programme group-wide and identify and participate in the recruitment of SME’s where necessary
- Support sector business development activities internationally through participation in client meetings, preparation of proposals and presentations and attendance at marketing events
- Liaise with Med/Tech academic institutions, industry bodies and research organisations
- Actively provide regulatory, manufacturing or process design leadership in the early stages of studies or projects and give technical direction to project teams on Med/Tech standards, design norms, etc.
- Participate in commercial and risk reviews of projects
- Ensure the technical component of project profiles, slides and capability statements are kept up to date for Med/Tech projects
- Support the Sector Director in the formulation and implementation of the Med/Tech sector strategies and business plans
Education / Experience
- Minimum 15 yrs. experience in a Life-science GMP regulated manufacturing environment with an in-depth knowledge of the unique requirements of companies in the Med/Tech industry
- 3 years or more management experience
- Expert knowledge of cGMP requirements for Med/Tech facility design
- Good understanding of the medical device regulatory environment
- Good knowledge of technical innovations impacting the industry
- Strong ability to communicate and work with credibility, knowledge and authority with both colleagues and clients.
- Broad experience in international and interdisciplinary projects delivery or technical management
- Strong presentation and communication skills
- Good organisational skills, self-starter and decision maker