This is not only a role to provide first class engineering and project delivery but the opportunity to work in a client facing capacity where appropriate.
Job Role & Responsibilities (included but not limited to)
- To be responsible for the execution of our automation & instrumentation engineering services and solutions with customers, across conceptual, basic and detailed design engineering phases.
- Provide project delivery during the implementation, testing, commissioning and qualification phase of work.
- To coordinate with third party suppliers and other engineering and project functions within PM Group.
- To effectively manage time, cost and quality of project deliverables to meet client and company requirements.
- Maintain and develop excellent customer relationships at all times, focusing on a consultative and collaborative approach to engineering services and solutions.
- Attend and travel to client or site locations when required, either UK or Internationally.
- Provide support to proposals and business development activities or other opportunities as required.
- Conduct all tasks and work in line with contract, regulatory requirements and internal policy processes.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent in a related subject e.g. (Control, Instrumentation Engineering or Electrical, Electronic Engineering).
- Direct project and sector experience gained within some of our core sectors would be highly desirable including: Pharmaceuticals, Food or Mission Critical.
- Candidates will be considered who have a Automation background with a working knowledge of Instrumentation or who have a Instrumentation background with a working knowledge of Automation & Control Systems. Therefore, applicants who can demonstrate only some components of the preferred requirements below will not be disregarded. Appointed position will be dependent on proven experience.
- Demonstrated capability in instrumentation engineering including: Instrument Index, I/O Lists, Instrument Specifications, Instrument Layout Diagrams, Control Panel and Junction Box Layout Diagrams, Hook Up Diagrams, Loop Diagrams, Cable Routing Diagrams, 3D Model Input, Cable Schedules and Instrument Installation Specifications
- Demonstrated capability in automation engineering including; Control & Automation Philosophies, System Architectures, User Requirement Specifications, Functional Specifications, Hardware & Software Design Specifications, System Test Specifications, Installation and Operational Qualification Protocols and Application of ISA95/S88 methodology.
- Demonstrated experience in system integration projects with any of the following products or suppliers; PLCs (Siemens and Allen-Bradley), SCADA (Wonderware, Rockwell, Siemens), DCS (Honeywell, Siemens PCS 7, Emerson Delta V, Rockwell PlantPAx, ABB 800xA Industrial IT), MES Systems and ControlDraw design tool.
- Working knowledge of Computer Aided Design and Engineering (Revit, AutoCAD)
- Self-motivated and organised, taking a pro-active approach to tasks and commitments.
- Strong methodical and analytical approach with an ability to meet deadlines
- Reliable, consistent and quality approach to work
- Demonstrable ability to play a positive role in multi-discipline teams and willingness to mentor other team members
- Professional approach and demeanour. A strong ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers at all levels, with good presentation skills.
- A flexible approach and willingness to self-educate to meet current standards and technologies required by the given project industry sector.