The Senior Mechanical Engineer (HVAC) is a client-facing role requiring the ability to inspire confidence from initial client meetings through proposal preparation and project execution. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to join the PM Group team out of our Burlington, MA office.
The successful candidate will have proven design excellence in complex life sciences facilities (life sciences/process/manufacturing buildings, laboratories, data centers etc.).
PM Group is an international project delivery company operating across Europe, the USA and Asia. We have a 46-year track record in project management, process design, facility design and construction management for leading multinational companies. We are world leaders in the pharmaceutical, food, mission critical, medtech, advanced manufacturing and energy sectors.
Essential Job Functions
- Carry out conceptual design studies.
- Carry out detailed engineering including preparation of calculations, plans and specifications directly and through supervision of other engineers.
Typical areas of design include:
- Design for complex facilities including clean rooms and laboratories (air flow schematics, supply and exhaust systems, duct work routing, pressurization, plumbing, HVAC controls).
- Specification and procurement of mechanical equipment (central cooling, heating and steam systems; air systems; piping systems; duct and plume systems; fume hoods; biosafety cabinets etc.).
- Lead, develop and mentor staff.
- Review submissions and installations for compliance with design intent and good engineering practice.
- Being resident on a construction site for short periods as required.
- Witness commissioning activities, trials and factory acceptance tests (FAT) and installed system test and balance activities.
- Plan and manage work and resources to budget and schedule.
- Present PM Group’s HVAC capability to potential clients in support of proposals.
- Liaise and coordinate with other disciplines within the USA offices, within other PM Group offices and with external consultants.
- Minimum 8 years professional experience.
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Professional Engineer (PE) in Massachusetts – is required.
- LEED certification is desirable but not required.
- Demonstrated capability in mechanical / building services design.
- Self-motivated. Reliable, consistent and mature approach to work – desired.
- Demonstrate ability to play a positive role in multi-discipline teams.
- Professional approach and demeanour.
- An ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers at all levels, with good presentation skills.