The successful candidate will have suitable experience of working with multi-discipline Engineering/Design, Project Management and Construction Management teams.
The role will include:
- Ensure each department has the required mix of knowledge, skill, experience and competence to deliver projects in the sectors noted above
- Ensure design services are executed in compliance with PM Group’s QMS located on the Service Delivery Platforms [SDP] on scope.
- Ensure Department Managers and Leads understand the principles of the 7KFA and 5 Streams [Design Management] frameworks
- Ensure PM Group H&S Policies and Procedures are fully implemented
- Lead innovation to ensure PM Group remains to the fore in engineering design
- Lead engineering developments to ensure full alignment with Group and Dublin office strategy, i.e. MOE, Managed Services, execution of projects in other regions, etc.
- Attend project design team and project review meetings as appropriate
- Foster a clear understanding of the commercial aspects of project delivery (man-hours and capital cost)
- Prepare manhour estimates and execution strategies for proposals and lead presentations to clients
- Participate in commercial and risk reviews of projects, i.e. Bid No Bids, Corporate Risk Assessments, etc.
- Interact and communicate with other Managers to ensure co-ordination of activities
- Resource Management - work with Department Managers to allocate resources to meet project requirements, both in the offices and on our Managed Services sites and Construction sites as appropriate
- Recruitment and development of personnel – ensure Department Managers undertake internal training, performance appraisals, mentoring, etc. for personnel based in the office and on sites
- Promote Technical Excellence through PM Group’s Technology Group and SME development and links with relevant third level academic institutions
Qualifications and Experience:
- You will require a minimum of 15 years’ experience in Engineering Design of medium to large capital projects from design through to construction and commissioning with an excellent record in Health & Safety.
- A third level degree is required in a scientific or engineering field with an advanced qualification in Engineering Management a distinct advantage.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills are essential along with a good understanding\experience of project controls & governance through the full project lifecycle.
What you will get:
Attractive remuneration, while working in a multi-disciplinary environment, in a vibrant expanding international company, with opportunities to work on both domestic and international projects across various sectors.