An opportunity to be part of a genuine multi-disciplined environment and to handle and manage clients with a degree of autonomy, as well as contribute to the internal standards, execution and capability of the wider Civil & Structural Engineering team.
Job Role and Responsibilities
- Provide structural engineering design of projects including steelwork and reinforced concrete structures along with support of civil engineering input as required.
- Provide technical guidance on projects with the wider Civil & Structural team.
- Ensure that the design is delivered within budget and on time.
- Ensure multidisciplinary coordination is effectively delivered.
- Provide structural engineering from the concept to detail design including development of structural models, preparation of calculations and design reports.
- Conduct checks across the design work including design calculations, models and drawings.
- Supervise others including Engineers and CAD Technicians.
- Attend client meetings providing to consultancy or presentations when required.
- Handle and resolve site queries.
- Provide a detailed and quality review of contractor design and submissions.
- Conduct all tasks and work in line with contract, regulatory requirements and internal policy processes.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelors Degree of equivalent in related subject (e.g. Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering)
- Preferably Chartered Engineer status, or working towards.
- Thorough knowledge and experience in structural analysis and design of building structures.
- In-depth understanding of structural systems, analysis and design both steelwork and reinforced concrete.
- Structural design experience gained across steelwork, masonry and concrete materials.
- Design experience of sub-structures and superstructures.
- Ability to lead design teams (including Engineers & CAD Technicians) and coordinate effectively across multi-disciplined teams.
- Effectively manage and interact with clients, architects and other disciplines of engineers.
- Design knowledge and experience across project life-cycle phases, from feasibility to construction.
- Proven experience in providing technical reports.
- Competent user of structural software (TEKLA, TEDDS etc)
- Possess a professional approach and demeanour with a strong ethical approach to safety, quality, environmental protection and business.
- Organised and time management skills – ability to meet project deadlines.
- A self-starter who displays a positive ‘can do’ attitude whether that is working as part of a team or working independently.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrable ability to communicate effectively with clients and peers at all levels.