We now wish to recruit a Senior Mechanical Engineer / Deputy Department Manager for our Fremont office. The position is a client-facing role requiring the ability to inspire confidence from the taking of a client brief through proposal preparation and project execution.
PM Group is a leading international engineering, architecture and project management firm. With a network of offices in Europe, Asia and the US and a multi-discipline team of 2,500 people, we deliver complex, capital projects in the pharma, bio-tech, med tech, food, mission critical, advanced manufacturing and energy sectors.
We now wish to recruit a Senior Mechanical Engineer / Deputy Department Manager for our Fremont,CA office. The position is a client-facing role requiring the ability to inspire confidence from the taking of a client brief through proposal preparation and project execution. Leadership is an important part of this role. The ability to motivate and mentor others in a dynamic growing office environment is required. This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to grow into the management team of our SF Bay Area operation.
Proven design excellence experience in complex (life sciences/ bio-pharma / pharmaceutical) facilities is required.
Essential Job Functions:
• Carry out conceptual design studies.
• Carry out detailed engineering including preparation of calculations and drawings directly and through supervision of other engineers.
• Support leading the Mechanical HVAC, Plumbing Department (Building Services).
Mechanical Engineering Responsibilities:
• All aspects of HVAC design and management
• Developing design briefs
• A proven experience systems design
• Load and system calculations
• HVAC system modelling
• Hydraulic analysis of air and water systems
• Conceptual and detailed design of HVAC systems
• Development of system schematics through all design stages
• Production of engineering designs, drawings, and documents
• Specification writing
• Building Management Systems – development of systems architecture, specifications, controls strategies, sequence of operations through all design stages
Deputy Mechanical Department Manager Responsibilities:
• Support leading the Mechanical Building Services Department
• Participate in projects as required, particularly at Concept and BOD stages and during Design Reviews
• Ensure Mechanical HVAC and Plumbing design is delivered to the highest quality and safety standards and with maximum efficiency
• Develop best practice guidelines and standards for the department
• Lead innovation within the Mechanical Department to ensure PM Group remains to the forefront of engineering design, e.g. 3D Design, Simulation software, etc.
• Support Department Resource Management - allocate resources to meet project requirements, both in the offices and on our Managed Services sites
• Recruitment and development of personnel – internal training, performance appraisals, mentoring, etc. for personnel based in the office and on sites
• Interface with the Technology Team and Sector Heads to develop subject matter experts (SME’s) to meet sector needs
• Support Business Development activity - proposals, presentations, client visits, etc.
• Support the development of execution strategies for projects
• Support commercial and risk reviews of projects
• Minimum of 10 years design experience with at least 5 years in a Lead role
• Broad experience in interdisciplinary coordination on projects preferably in the biopharma sector
• Excellent communication & people skills
• Good time management skills
• Self-starter and decision maker
• Degree in Mechanical Engineering (or equivalent engineering degree with relevant experience)
• Masters in Engineering Management or equivalent would be an advantage.
• Registered Professional Engineer (PE) by exam in California.
• Demonstrated capability in mechanical HVAC / plumbing / black utilities engineering design.
• Experience across a range of PM Group’s industry sectors would be an advantage
• Good organizational and leadership skills
• Flexible and willing to travel to meet project requirements
What you will get:
Attractive remuneration, while working in a multi-disciplinary environment, in a vibrant expanding international company, with opportunities to work on both domestic and international projects across various sectors.
All CV’s are treated in the strictest confidence.
Recruitment agencies need not apply.
Do you have what it takes ?