Job Title: Treasury and Ledger Accountant
PM Group are now recruiting an Accountant to work within its expanding Global Treasury and Head Office finance function in Dublin. The successful candidate will support the expansion and control of the Treasury function, by assisting the roll out and implementation of Treasury policies and initiatives across the Group. They will also manage key aspects of the monthly cash cycle, support cash forecasting and perform other general accounting duties within a busy Head Office.
- Manage the monitoring and reporting of Group cash balances, working closely with finance functions in various geographic regions and head office finance personnel.
- Foreign exchange risk management reporting to include:
- Assessment of and reporting on anticipated foreign currency exposures and actions to minimise same
- Analysing P&L foreign exchange gains and losses on a monthly basis
- Analysing financial and currency markets in light of Group treasury strategy and cash holding policies
- Work alongside Group Intercompany accounts personnel on invoicing and settlement processes of all intercompany balances
- Perform periodic analysis on historic cash flow results and future forecasts, preparing reports on cash management for senior finance officials and the Board of PM Group
- Drive month end cash flow forecasting with Business Units and preparation of consolidated Group cash flows
- Assist in the preparation, review and reconciliation of quarterly Group Financial Accounting Consolidations
- Work with Operations on working capital management initiatives and assess various Client payment options.
- Seek to develop and continually improve the overall internal control of cash, cash balances, transaction processing and treasury systems
- Be an active member of the Group Head Office Finance Team, and assist in the overall development of the finance function throughout the Group
Qualifications and Experience:
- Qualified Accountant ACA/ACCA/CIMA and / or Treasury qualification with a minimum of 1 years plus PQE
- Relevant work experience with specific experience in Treasury and cash management activities, within an international company a distinct advantage
- Strong IT skills, with proficiency in standard financial applications (Excel, PowerPoint and Word and relevant accounting packages).
- Ability to work efficiently and meet strict deadlines
- Self-starter who shows initiative and is willing and able to identify areas for process enhancement and, with assistance, progress these through to completion.